5 Plant-Based Grilling Recipes for Memorial Day
Next weekend on Memorial Day, many of us will honor and remember those who have served and given their lives in the armed forces. We'll gather in backyards across the country in remembrance, and for many of us, we'll officially kick off summer with friends and family at this season's first cookout.
If this is your first summer eating plant-based, you may be racking your brain to figure out how you can partake in the grilling festivities. But we've got good news: there are a TON of really delicious ways to fire up the grill with veggies. We've gathered five of our favorite plant-based grilling recipes from around the web.
(Note: some of these recipes include oil but they can absolutely be made without oil. We promise your veggies won't stick - and we think they taste better without it!)
1. Perfect Grilled Eggplant from The Spruce
If you’re grilling sans meat, eggplant is your new best friend. It's great on its own, served over whole grains, or even as a stand-in for burgers. Plus, Molly Watson
from The Spruce offers way to embellish this specific recipe — variety is the spice of life, after all.
2. Lemon Italian Herbed Grilled Zucchini from The Vegan8
Summer would not be complete without one of its finest harvests: the zucchini. A perfect grilling veggie, this lemon herbed zucchini recipe is as tasty as it is pretty.
Good news for Mexican street corn fans: you don’t actually need mayo or cheese to make a creamy, delicious sauce to drizzle on your grilled corn. This recipe will have your omnivore friends asking for seconds, too.
4. Vegan Portobello Steaks from Ceara's Kitchen
Mushrooms aren't only a good source of dietary fiber, protein, and vitamin C - they're also a delicious and super juicy grillable.
Don't feel like doing any prep over the holiday weekend? We don't blame you. Grab some MamaSezz veggie loaf from your fridge, form into patties, and toss on the grill. Serve with a whole grain bun. Need to re-stock your fridge with MamaSezz Veggie Loaf before the big cookout? Order your Veggie Loaf
Want more plant-based recipes?
Join our 4-Week Plant-Based Challenge here for a month's worth of recipes, plant-based tips, support, and more!
What you should do now
- We have been where you are and we’ve helped thousands of people (just like you) transition to eating a plant based diet. If you are looking for a guide that can help you with some of the big questions, and dramatically reduce your stress, this FREE Ultimate Little Guide to Plant-Based Eating is a great place to start.
- If you’d like to learn about plant-based living go to our Heartbeet Journal where you can read hundreds of “How To” articles. If you’d like to learn about plant-based cooking go to our Recipes Section for easy step by step favorites.
- If you’d like to work for us—or see why our team members love working for us—then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about yourself.
- If you enjoyed this article, then so will your friends, so why not share it on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Email