How to add variety to your plant-based meals without spending hours in the kitchen.
One product, Walnut Taco Meat = TEN different ways to switch up your menu.
Chef Caroline made this handy list of our top ten favorite ideas.
- Philly “Cheese Steak”. Sauté diced green peppers and onions, add Walnut Taco Meat filling, load into a whole wheat bun and top with Mama’s Mac Sauce.
- Beefy Mac and Cheese. Mix Walnut Taco Meat Filling into your Mac Attack Stack. Top with chili powder or Jalapeños.
- Burrito. Re-hydrate your Walnut Taco Meat by microwaving with a few TBS of water. Then load into a burrito shell with guacamole, pico de gallo, fat free re-fried beans (vegan), cilantro and brown rice.
- Enchiladas. Roll up Taco Meat into a corn tortillas with spinach and Mama’s Mac sauce. Place in a baking dish and top with whole food plant based enchilada sauce, and another drizzle of Mama’s Mac Sauce. Bake until thoroughly heated. Top with lime juice and fresh cilantro.
- Taco Salad. Sprinkle Walnut Taco Meat over a salad loaded with greens, sliced cherry tomatoes, green onion, peppers and onions, salsa, and cashew cream. Top with lime juice.
- Layer into a veggie lasagna or casserole.
- Mix into Millie’s Chili for a meatier chili.
- Tacos. Use Walnut Taco Meat as a base filling for tacos, and fill in with your favorite taco toppings like, tomatoes, shredded lettuce, salsa, sautéed peppers and onions, black beans, and guacamole.
- Stuffed peppers. Stuff into a pepper with spiced rice, beans, and cooked veggies. Bake in the oven and top with cashew cream or guacamole.
- (bonus) Sprinkle on the top of any salad to add a little more crunch and flavor.