List of Whole Food Plant-Based and Oil-Free BrandsWritten by Ali Donahue
Overwhelmed at the grocery store? You're not alone! Transitioning to a whole food plant-based diet can do wonders for your health, but there is a learning curve, especially when it comes to filling up your grocery cart. Worry not! MamaSezz is here to aid in the transition with this list of whole food plant-based and oil-free brands.
The Full Story
While most of your whole food plant-based groceries are going to come from the produce and grains sections, there are some whole food plant-based packaged food brands. Here's a list of some of our oil-free favorites to add to your shopping list.
Hummus is delicious, filling, and actually really easy to make (we've got a super quick oil-free hummus recipe here) but there are definitely times where it's just more convenient to pick it up at the store. A few oil-free brands:
- Oasis Mediterranean Cuisine Hummus
- Oil-Free Original Roots Hummus (other types have oil)
- Cedars Fat-Free Hummus
- Engine 2 Hummus
If you do find yourself in need of crackers for that oil-free hummus...
- Lundberg Brown Rice Rice Cakes
- Edward & Sons Brown Rice Snaps (some are not oil-free so look at packaging)
- Mary’s Gone Crackers Crackers
- Engine 2 Crackers & Crisps
- Wasa Crispbread
- Ryvita Crispbread
It can be really tough to find an oil-free pasta sauce at the grocery store which is why we created three different delicious and whole food plant-based pasta sauces at MamaSezz.
All bread is technically processed. That said, choose breads that are 100% whole grain with no oil added and less than 10% calories from fat if you can. Look out for "enriched wheat flour," "wheat flour" "organic wheat flour, " and "unbleached flour" - this means they are not whole grain. Look for the word "whole" in the ingredients.
- Food for Life Ezekiel 4:9 breads, English muffins, and tortillas
- Trader Joe’s Whole Wheat Tuscan Pane
- Trader Joe's Corn and Wheat Tortillas
- Vermont Bread Company (get the organic whole wheat varieties)
- Engine 2 Tortillas
The best plant-based milks have no sugar added and limited ingredients/preservatives.
- Almond Breeze Original Unsweetened or Vanilla Unsweetened
- Engine 2 Almond Milk
- Trader Joe’s Almond Beverage, Original Unsweetened and Vanilla Unsweetened, Organic Soy Beverage Unsweetened
A lot of store-bought condiments are loaded with sugar, salt, and additives. But these brands can be added to your whole food plant-based pantry supply:
- Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- Bragg’s Nutritional Yeast
- Coconut Secret Liquid Aminos
- Eden Foods Organic Tamari
- Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth
Note: this is not a sponsored post. We believe eating a whole food plant-based diet should be easy and we do our best to share plant-based resources with our customers and blog community.
- Whole food plant-based grocery shopping doesn't have to be overwhelming
- Add these oil-free brands to your list and always head to the produce section first!
- Remember to read nutrition labels (even on the products we've listed - recipes change!)
Did we miss some of your favorite oil-free whole food plant-based items? Let us know in the comments or shoot us an email at email@example.com.
← Older Post Newer Post →