While going out to brunch may be off the table this year, you can still celebrate your mom. Time to get creative! Here are 6 ideas for celebrating Mother's Day in quarantine.
Before we begin: get healthy plant-based meals, dropped at her door!
Send mom the gift of health with a MamaSezz gift card for whole food plant-based meal delivery. No cooking required. She can just heat and eat immunity-boosting delicious meals.
5 ways to celebrate Mother's Day in quarantine
1. Have a Mother's Day Zoom party
Get your family together for a virtual Mother's Day party. Plan to link up over coffee (or to keep things on brand, brunch!). While it's hard not to see each other in person,
2. Throw a social distance car "parade"
If you and your siblings live near your mom, set up a social distance car parade. Basically, each household drives over to mom's house with decorated vehicles (think streamers, Happy Mother's Day signs, blown up pictures of your mom).
3. Make her a DIY spa day kit
She may not be able to go to the spa right now, but you can bring the spa to her! Make a DIY spa day kit so your mom can have a relaxing day at home. Things to include in your spa kit:
- Natural bubble bath (here are some great natural bubble bath recipes)
- Turkish towel (seriously, so much fluffier and softer than your standard cotton towel)
- Whipped body butter (here's an easy homemade body butter recipe)
- DIY vegan face masks
4. Send flowers
A classic for a reason, a beautiful bouquet may sound cliche but it's always a day brightener. Support local if you can by setting up flower delivery for your mom via a nearby florist. If her local shops have temporarily shut their doors you can still support small business, and treat your mom to flowers (in the future), by purchasing a gift card for her to open on Mother's Day.
5. Drop off healthy delicious food
Show mom you care by supporting her immune system and treating her to some goodies, all in one fell swoop. If you live nearby, bring brunch to her! Whip up one of these whole food plant-based banana walnut muffins and drop them on her front steps. Sweet tooth in your family? Make one of these easy and healthy vegan desserts.
6. Get healthy plant-based meal delivery
Live further away? Or just don't want to cook? Get plant-based meals dropped right at her door when you order ready-made bundles from MamaSezz. Our popular Breakfast Bundle is perfect for a Mother's Day brunch at home -- it comes with our vegan frittata, high protein breakfast bars, veggie sausage, and 7 other healthy spins on brunch favorites. Not sure what she'll want? Send her a MamaSezz gift card, directly to her inbox...and let her choose from our ready-made vegan meals and bundles!
Mother's Day may look a little different this year but you can still celebrate mom.
- Have a Mother's Day Zoom party
- Throw a social distance car "parade"
- Make her a DIY at-home spa day kit
- Send flowers (or get her a gift card to a temporarily shut down florist in her area)
- Drop off healthy delicious food
- Get her a gift card for MamaSezz plant-based meal delivery
By Ali Brown
Ali is a mom, wife, and nutrition and lifestyle writer and editor. She has her Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate from the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies.