NASCAR's Ryan Reed Manages Diabetes from the TrackWritten by MamaSezz Team
When professional stock car racer Ryan Reed was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes in 2011, doctors told him he would be unable to race again.
Fast forward to today, seven years later, and Ryan is currently competing in the NASCAR Xfinity Series. What's changed in the seven years since his diagnosis?
For one, Ryan learned to manage his diabetes with lifestyle changes: moving to a plant-based diet and daily exercise.
We sat down with Ryan to hear how his diagnosis changed his outlook on life, why he became a plant-based athlete, and how he manages his diabetes from the race track.
Tune in to our video interview with Ryan and learn:
- How Ryan got into racing at such a young age 0:40
- Why racing was always his dream 1:43
- What it was like to get diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at age 17 4:05
- How he started making lifestyle changes to manage his Type 1 Diabetes 6:51
- Why he moved to a plant-based diet 10:24
- How a plant-based diet changed his healthy and life 12:30
- How he trains for races 15:40
- The best way to recover after a race 20:01
- The challenges he's faced as a plant-based athlete and how he's overcome them 21:15
- How he's raising awareness for Type 1 Diabetes and the silver lining to his diagnosis 24:00
Get Your Fresh Ready-Made Athlete Meals Delivered to your door. Nationwide.
← Older Post Newer Post →