5 quick and easy plant-based pantry meals to boost your immune system
Avoiding the grocery store amid coronavirus? It can seem difficult to come up with a healthy dinner recipe when your pantry is all you've got to work with....
The good news: it doesn't have to be hard to eat healthy at home! You can stay well and full with these 5 easy plant-based pantry meals. All of these plant-based recipes incorporate easily-accessible and immunity-boosting ingredients from your pantry, fridge, and freezer, like dry goods, root veggies, spices, and frozen produce.
On this page
A Gift for You: Get Our Famous Immunity Boosting Soup Recipe
Rice and Beans: The Ultimate Bunker Food
1 clove of garlic
1 teaspoon of Tamari or soy sauce
1 can of beans black beans
½ a cup of brown rice
- Saute onion and garlic in a little water, and tamari until soft
- Boil black beans in their starchy water (do not drain) until thick, then squirt in juice from 1 lime
- Cook rice per instructions on the bag, then mix into the garlic onion mixture
- Enjoy beans over rice
- Optional: Top with heated frozen corn
1 cup of lentils, cooked
¼ a cup of diced red onion
1 large finely chopped carrot (if available)
2 ribs of celery finely chopped (if available)
Apple cider vinegar
- Boil lentils until al dente, then strain and cool
- Mix with red onion, carrot, and celery
- Dust with garlic powder and splash with a few Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- Enjoy cold
1 Spaghetti squash
- Poke holes in a Spaghetti Squash, and microwave for 4-5 minutes (this will make it easier to cut).
- Let cook and slice in half from stem to base.
- Scoop out the seeds, and place the squash cut-side down in a baking dish with ¼ inch of water in the bottom.
- Roast on 400 degrees for 30+ minutes, or until soft.
- Dust the inside with garlic powder, crushed black pepper, and splash with a little veggie broth
- Use a fork to twirl spaghetti squash like you would pasta
Cabbage Stir Fry
8 cups of chopped green cabbage
1 teaspoon of Tamari
½ a cup of whole raw cashews
1 teaspoon of fresh minced ginger (or use ¼ a teaspoon of ground ginger)
1 teaspoon of freshly minced garlic (or use ¼ a teaspoon of garlic powder)
- Saute garlic and ginger for about 1 minute in a little water
- Add cabbage, cashews and 1 teaspoon of Tamari and cook until cabbage starts to soften (do not overcook)
- Remove from heat and enjoy warm or cold
½ pound of thai style brown rice noodles
2 cups of frozen broccoli
¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
½ teaspoon of maple syrup
¼ a cup of all natural peanut butter
- Boil noodles per instructions on bag
- Steam frozen broccoli
- Mix peanut butter, garlic powder, maple syrup and lime juice. Thin out with a little water.
- Mix noodles, broccoli and peanut sauce.
How to stock your plant-based pantry
Check out are our favorite plant-based pantry staples here.
Don't Forget To Download Our Famous Immunity Boosting Soup Recipe
What you should do now
- We have been where you are and we’ve helped thousands of people (just like you) transition to eating a plant based diet. If you are looking for a guide that can help you with some of the big questions, and dramatically reduce your stress, this FREE Ultimate Little Guide to Plant-Based Eating is a great place to start.
- If you're interested in Weight Loss, Download this fantastic FREE guide Ultimate (little) Guide to weight loss
- If you’d like to learn about plant-based living go to our MamaSezz Blog where you can read hundreds of “How To” articles. If you’d like to learn about plant-based cooking go to our Recipes Section for easy step by step favorites.
- If you enjoyed this article, then so will your friends, so why not share it on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Email