It's officially comfort food season and what's more comforting than a pot pie? These mini whole food plant-based pot pies have all the seasonings and flavor you know and love — and uses plant protein–packed chickpeas in place of chicken. Oh, and they're gluten-free!
Best of all? They're super easy to make. The perfect no-stress Thanksgiving dish for your plant-based holiday.
1/2 a cup of celery, small diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 a cup of onion, small diced
1/3 cup of potatoes, small diced
1/3 cup of carrots, small diced
1/2 a cup of frozen peas and corn
4 Tablespoons of garbanzo bean flour
1/2 a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon of parsley
1 Tablespoon of Nutritional Yeast
a dash of sea salt, black pepper, and thyme
1 cup of veggie broth
1/2 a cup of non-dairy milk
1/2 a cup of garbanzo bean flour
1/2 a cup (+) of veggie broth
a pinch of sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder
1. Saute garlic and onions in a little veggie broth until soft
2. Add celery, potatoes, and carrots and cook until soft. Add more veggie broth if needed.
3. Add frozen veggies, spices, milk, garbanzo bean flour, and 1/4-1/2 a cup of veggie broth and cook until liquid reduces.
4. Pour into small single serve baking dishes
5. Mix together crust topping ingredients, adding enough liquid until batter is thick.
6. Pour and spread batter over the tops of the veggie base and baked on 350 for 30 minutes.
Use code: CHEF to get 10% off your MamaSezz plant-based bundle, delivered.