Mushroom Gravy over Mashed Cauliflower [Plant-Based]
This savory mushroom gravy is the extra oomph your meals have been missing. It's quick and easy, 100% plant-based, and completely versatile.
For the mashed cauliflower:
2 cups cauliflower steamed
1/4 cup almond milk
pinch of salt
For the mushroom gravy:
1 Vidalia onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic
2 cups chopped mushrooms (any kind)
2 cups low sodium veggie broth
2 tbsp low sodium tamari
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
1. Put steamed cauliflower, almond milk, and salt in bowl. Mashed until desired consistency.
2. Cook onions over medium heat in small amount of veggie broth until soft and browning slightly.
3. Add garlic and mushrooms to pan and cook until mushrooms soften.
4. Add one cup of broth and stir.
5. Add second cup of broth, stir in tamari and flour until smooth and desired thickness.
What you should do now
- We have been where you are and we’ve helped thousands of people (just like you) transition to eating a plant based diet. If you are looking for a guide that can help you with some of the big questions, and dramatically reduce your stress, this FREE Ultimate Little Guide to Plant-Based Eating is a great place to start.
- If you’d like to learn about plant-based living go to our Heartbeet Journal where you can read hundreds of “How To” articles. If you’d like to learn about plant-based cooking go to our Recipes Section for easy step by step favorites.
- If you’d like to work for us—or see why our team members love working for us—then contact us at email@example.com and tell us about yourself.
- If you enjoyed this article, then so will your friends, so why not share it on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Email