This savory mushroom gravy is the extra oomph your meals have been missing. It's quick and easy, 100% plant-based, and completely versatile.
For the mashed cauliflower:
2 cups cauliflower steamed
1/4 cup almond milk
pinch of salt
For the mushroom gravy:
1 Vidalia onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic
2 cups chopped mushrooms (any kind)
2 cups low sodium veggie broth
2 tbsp low sodium tamari
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
1. Put steamed cauliflower, almond milk, and salt in bowl. Mashed until desired consistency.
2. Cook onions over medium heat in small amount of veggie broth until soft and browning slightly.
3. Add garlic and mushrooms to pan and cook until mushrooms soften.
4. Add one cup of broth and stir.
5. Add second cup of broth, stir in tamari and flour until smooth and desired thickness.
Our go-to recipes featuring the frozen foods and plant-based pantry staples you've got on hand.