The ice and snow outside may just be the perfect excuse to stay warm and cozy up
this winter with a creamy, healing plant-based soup. Not only is this Plant-Based Healing Winter Soup
delicious, but it’s the perfect remedy for a cold, and will boost your immune system
to prevent whatever bug is going around this week. Ingredients like garlic, lemon
and turmeric will keep you healthy and strong so you can get back out on the
mountain, slip into your snowshoes, or just cuddle down with a good book.
7 cups low sodium veggie broth
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 stalks of celery, diced
1 large carrot, diced
1 can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 tsp basil
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp coriander
1 TBS turmeric
1 TBS parsley
2 TBS lemon juice
1 can of coconut milk*
1 ½ cup of wild rice
1. Sauté onions in a few tbs of veggie broth for 8 minutes (or until translucent)
2. Add garlic (and additional veggie broth if need be) and cook for 2 minutes
3. Add carrots and celery and cook for 5 minutes
4. Add garbanzo beans, spices, and 4 cups of veggie broth, simmer for 10
5. Add 2 more cups of veggie broth, rice, lemon and coconut milk. Cook until
rice is soft (about 30 minutes).
6. Enjoy hot!
Join our private Facebook group for plant-based beginners to get free recipes, advice, support, and more!