Food IS medicine...it just doesn't have to taste like it.
April 16, 2018
Refreshing, hearty, flavorful. This unique all season Lemon Lentil Soup is packed with healthy, healing ingredients like garlic, lemon and turmeric. Enjoy this plant-based recipe hot with crushed black pepper, or pour it over a baked sweet potato.
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
1 onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tomato, diced
3 cups of dried, green lentils
1 whole lemon
2 TBS of parsley
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp crushed black pepper
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp turmeric
¼ tsp of sea salt
2 cups of low sodium veggie broth
1. Sauté onions in veggie broth for about 8 minutes
2. Add garlic, tomatoes and spices, and sauté for an additional 2 minutes
3. Add lentils, broth, 3 cups of water, and the full lemon (sliced in half, seeded)
4. Boil until water is absorbed, add water until you reach a desired consistency
5. Puree about ¼ of the lentils in a processor until smooth, and add back into soup
6. Enjoy hot with crushed black pepper
By Caroline DiNicola-Fawley
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
© 2018 MamaSezz.