It’s the time of year where a cozy night in often sounds better than going out and comfort food is top of mind. So why not whip up an American classic: mashed potatoes.. But if you’re WFPBNO you may be picturing yourself forced to eat dry, bland potatoes, now that butter and oil are off the table. Enter Mama’s Mac Sauce! Adding a little spice and creaminess to your mash goes a long way. Say hello to melt in your mouth dairy-free mashed potatoes without the cholesterol! Believe me, you won’t miss butter.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 as a side
-2 russet potatoes
-3 cloves of garlic
-1/2 cup (+/-) veggie broth
-1/2 cup (or more) of Mama’s Mac Sauce
-1/2 tsp of sea salt
-1/2 tsp of black pepper
-1 tsp of rosemary, crushed
- Peel, chop and boil potatoes until soft (about 15 minutes)
- Sauté garlic with a few TBS of veggie broth until cooked (a few minutes)
- Add rosemary to the garlic, and heat until fragrant (about 3 minutes)
- Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients.
- Once potatoes as cooked, strain and mix with Mac Sauce mixture. Mash until creamy smooth
Caroline is a plant-based chef, recipe designer, and whole food plant-based nutrition educator, with a Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate from the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies.