No-Cook Vegan Lemon CheesecakeWritten by Ali Donahue
A whole food plant-based lifestyle does NOT mean saying goodbye to your favorite foods, like dessert. This healthy spin on vegan lemon cheesecake is absolutely lick the fork, lick the plate, go back for seconds and do it all over again, gooood. It’s a no-cook recipe (perfect for warm weather) and 100% refined sugar free!
Prep Time: 20 minutes + overnight cooling and soaking
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Yield: 10 slices
2 cups of cashews (soak overnight)
20 Medjool dates (soak 10 overnight)
1 cup almond meal
½ cup pecans
1 ½ lemons, plus zest
1 Tablespoon flaxseed
2 Tablespoons ground chia seed
1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
¼ teaspoon of turmeric
Sea salt to taste
1. Pulse 10 dates (not soaked), almond meal, pecans and a dash of sea salt in the food processor until broken up
2. Press nut and date mixture into the bottom of a pie pan until if forms a firm crust.
3. Blend the rest of the ingredients in a blender until smooth
4. Use a spatula to spread it into the top of the pie pan
5. Chill overnight and enjoy
BONUS: top with more lemon zest and/or frozen blueberries heated with real maple syrup for extra flavor to make it look and taste extra fancy!
← Older Post Newer Post →