Baking with a whole food plant-based diet can be delicious and easy. Make this healthy no oil vegan banana bread muffins recipe and you'll agree. These muffins are super moist and made with only whole food plant-based ingredients. This vegan recipe can also be made as a bread (instructions for both options below).
1. Preheat oven to 350 and put liners in muffin tin.2. Put ripe bananas in a bowl and mash well then add wet ingredients
3. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl (flour, ground chia or flax seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt if using).
4. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well to combine then stir in coconut flakes and crushed walnuts.*
5. Fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full and bake for 18-21 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.**
* You can make this recipe without walnuts or coconuts for a lower fat version and the instructions are the same - just leave out the step with coconut flakes and walnuts.
**You can also make this as banana bread instead of muffins. Follow instructions exactly the same, except using a parchment paper-lined loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.