No oil vegan banana bread muffins recipe
Baking with a whole food plant-based diet can be delicious and easy. Make this healthy no oil vegan banana bread muffins recipe and you'll agree. These muffins are super moist and made with only whole food plant-based ingredients. This vegan recipe can also be made as a bread (instructions for both options below).
3 ripe bananas
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup maple syrup or date syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup coconut flakes unsweetened
1/2 cup ground chia or ground flax seeds
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
1/4 cup crushed walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 and put liners in muffin tin.
2. Put ripe bananas in a bowl and mash well then add wet ingredients (apple cider vinegar, maple syrup or date syrup, almond milk, vanilla).
3. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl (flour, ground chia or flax seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt if using).
4. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well to combine then stir in coconut flakes and crushed walnuts.*
5. Fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full and bake for 18-21 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.**
* You can make this recipe without walnuts or coconuts for a lower fat version and the instructions are the same - just leave out the step with coconut flakes and walnuts.
**You can also make this as banana bread instead of muffins. Follow instructions exactly the same, except using a parchment paper-lined loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
What you should do now
- We have been where you are and we’ve helped thousands of people (just like you) transition to eating a plant based diet. If you are looking for a guide that can help you with some of the big questions, and dramatically reduce your stress, this FREE Ultimate Little Guide to Plant-Based Eating is a great place to start.
- If you're interested in Weight Loss, Download this fantastic FREE guide Ultimate (little) Guide to weight loss
- If you’d like to learn about plant-based living go to our MamaSezz Blog where you can read hundreds of “How To” articles. If you’d like to learn about plant-based cooking go to our Recipes Section for easy step by step favorites.
- If you enjoyed this article, then so will your friends, so why not share it on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Email