June 13, 2018
Looking for a fun new way to use your MamaSezz Oil-Free Marinara Sauce? Yeah sure, you could eat it over spaghetti, or bake it in lasagna but let's think outside the box. How about a healthy and delicious plant-based sandwich! Miraculously, this chickpea and avocado marinara sandwich tastes almost like pizza, and is oh-so-filling.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 4 open-faced sandwiches (serves 2-4)
1 bag of MamaSezz Oil-Free Marinara Sauce
1 can of chickpeas, drained
1 handful of fresh spinach
4 slices of whole grain bread (or GF)
a pinch of sea salt
a pinch of black pepper
fresh basil (optional)
1. Empty your MamaSezz Oil-Free Marinara Sauce into a sauce pan, and add chickpeas
2. Cover pan and cook on low for 30 minutes, siring every 5 minutes to prevent
burning or sticking
3. In the last 5 minutes, add spinach and stir until wilted
4. Toast your bread until crispy, then spread ½ an avocado on each slice. Season with sea salt and pepper.
5. Once sauce is done cooking, pile it on top of your avocado toast and enjoy!
6. Top with fresh basil (optional)
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
© 2018 MamaSezz.