Celebrate Spring with Oil-Free Roasted Asparagus and (Surprisingly) Vegan Cheese SauceWritten by Ali Donahue
The birds are chirping, the days are getting longer, and sure, while we may have mud season to tough out before true "springtime" arrives here in New England, we're full steam ahead on spring produce.
One of our favorite veggies this time of year? Asparagus. Low in calories and high in folic acid, asparagus is one of the few perennials of North America and is a sure sign of warmer days ahead as its one of the first springtime veggies to rear its beautiful, delicate head.
And this week, we're sharing how to roast this delightful springtime vegetable, without oil (don't worry – you won't miss it at all thanks to our creamy, dreamy "how is this dairy-free?!" Mama's Mac Sauce).
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
1 pound fresh asparagus
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons of water or veggie broth
2 teaspoons of Tamari or coconut aminos
1/2 lemon (for squeezing once asparagus is roasted!)
2 Tablespoons of MamaSezz Mama's Mac Sauce (for drizzling once asparagus is roasted!)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Break off the ends of the asparagus then rinse and set into a mixing bowl.
3. Add minced garlic, veggie broth/water, and Tamari/coconut aminos then stir until asparagus is nicely coated.
4. Line asparagus on baking sheet and pop in oven.
5. Roast for 15 minutes or until tender.
6. Once roasted, squeeze lemon on the asparagus then drizzle with Mama's Mac Sauce.
← Older Post Newer Post →