There’s a reason parents force their children to eat broccoli… it has incredible health benefits! But this plant-based side dish is NOT your mother's steamed broccoli recipe and believe me, you won't have to force anyone to eat it. The secret? The garlic ginger sauce. Sweet, salty and spicy - good to the very last bite. Make a meal out of it by eating it over brown rice with a side salad or alongside your favorite vegan smoothie.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 head of broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 TBSP of ginger, minced
2 TBSP of low sodium Tamari
2 TBSP of honey or agave
1 (+) TBSP of chili paste (add more for heat)
1 TBSP of sesame seeds
- Sauté broccoli in a few TBS of water, until broccoli begins to turn bright green, about 5-8 minutes. Add more water when needed.
- Push the broccoli to the sides of the pan, and in the middle sauté the garlic and ginger until it becomes fragrant, about 2-5 minutes.
- Once ginger and garlic are cooked, add the rest of the ingredients to the center of the pan and mix together. Once combined, mix into broccoli.
- Cook and reduce until broccoli is at a desired tenderness, and sauce has become thick and sticky.
- Enjoy hot
What our customers are saying
The BEST environmentally friendly home service!!!!!! THE BEST "ship to home" meal service out there! Hands down. The food is delicious - just enough flavoring that you can jazz the meal up with your own spices if you wish. Nothing is bland or overly spicy. BEST OF ALL - they include a shipping label for you to RETURN all the packing materials to them for FREE for reuse until ready for recycling. Environmentally OUTSTANDING!!!! SO easy and enjoyable. And the vegan menu is superb.
- Allison Hall, MamaSezz Customer
MamaSezz is the leading whole food plant-based prepared meal delivery company in the U.S. We make it easier for you to be your healthiest self by delivering hearty, fresh, ready to eat whole food plant-based meals with no B.S. (you know, Bad Stuff) right to your door.
Originally published 3/2/18; Updated 7/23/19