A plant-based Thanksgiving may sound daunting, but when you think about it, most traditional side dishes are veggie-based. Stick to mashed potatoes, green beans, cranberry chutney, and sweet potatoes. Go with mushroom gravy instead of turkey gravy (try this recipe or use our Hungarian Mushroom Soup as gravy!).
For the main event, serve Stuffed Acorn Squash. It’s hearty, filling, and takes way less cook-time than a turkey! Got a sweet tooth? No plant-based Thanksgiving is complete without our No-Bake Pumpkin Pie for dessert.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Bake time: 50 minutes
What's in stuffed acorn squash?
1 acorn squash
½ onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 celery stalk, diced
3 TBSP of chopped carrot
1 tsp of thyme
1 tsp of sage
1 tsp of black pepper
1 TBS of fresh parsley, minced
1 TBS rosemary
a few pinches of sea salt
a few TBSP of veggie broth
½ of an apple, diced
2 slices of whole grain bread, toasted and chopped
How to make stuffed acorn squash?
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cut the acorn squash in half (through the middle, not through the stem and base), and remove seeds
- Place face down in a baking dish filled with ¼ inch of water, and bake for 40 minutes
- Sauté garlic and onion in a few TBS of veggie broth until soft (7-10 minutes)
- Add celery, carrot, and spices into the pan, and cook until carrots are soft (7-10 minutes)
- Add the apple, and bread (and veggie broth if necessary) and cook for an additional 5 minutes
- Once squash is soft, drain water from the baking dish, flip the squash and fill with stuffing. Sprinkle with sea salt
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes, and enjoy!
What our customers are saying
The BEST environmentally friendly home service!!!!!! THE BEST "ship to home" meal service out there! Hands down. The food is delicious - just enough flavoring that you can jazz the meal up with your own spices if you wish. Nothing is bland or overly spicy. BEST OF ALL - they include a shipping label for you to RETURN all the packing materials to them for FREE for reuse until ready for recycling. Environmentally OUTSTANDING!!!! SO easy and enjoyable. And the vegan menu is superb.
- Allison Hall, MamaSezz Customer
MamaSezz is the leading whole food plant-based prepared meal delivery company in the U.S. We make it easier for you to be your healthiest self by delivering hearty, fresh, ready to eat whole food plant-based meals with no B.S. (you know, Bad Stuff) right to your door.
By The MamaSezz Team