Quick and Easy Oil-Free Falafel Bites
Falafel is amazing, but it can take so much time to make if you want to make! Many recipes will encourage using dried garbanzo beans (chickpeas), but today we are going to take a shortcut with quick and easy canned chickpeas.
The other magical thing about this whole food plant-based recipe is that it’s oil free. That's right - these falafel bites are NOT deep fried and yet they're still so simple, healthy, and delicious. Although this recipe makes for a unique appetizer, my favorite way to eat falafel bites is over a salad with tahini dressing and diced cucumber and tomato. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
Servings: 12 patties
1 can of garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained and patted dry
1 large clove of garlic
1 tsp of onion powder
1 TBS of dried parsley
1 TBS of lemon juice
1 tsp of cumin
¼ tsp of coriander
1 tsp of tahini
A dash of sea salt and black pepper
Tahini for dipping
- Blend ingredients together in a food processor until chickpeas look like a crumble
- Pat together into small, dense, 2 inch diameter patties
- Heat in a nonstick pan until one side begins to crisp, and them flip until both sides have browned
- Dip in tahini and enjoy!
By Caroline DiNicola Fawley
Caroline is a plant-based chef, recipe designer, and whole food plant-based nutrition educator, with a Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate from the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies.
What you should do now
- We have been where you are and we’ve helped thousands of people (just like you) transition to eating a plant based diet. If you are looking for a guide that can help you with some of the big questions, and dramatically reduce your stress, this FREE Ultimate Little Guide to Plant-Based Eating is a great place to start.
- If you’d like to learn about plant-based living go to our Heartbeet Journal where you can read hundreds of “How To” articles. If you’d like to learn about plant-based cooking go to our Recipes Section for easy step by step favorites.
- If you’d like to work for us—or see why our team members love working for us—then contact us at email@example.com and tell us about yourself.
- If you enjoyed this article, then so will your friends, so why not share it on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Email