Quick Lunch Recipe: Portobello Plant-Based "BLT" SandwichWritten by MamaSezz Team
The holidays can get busy, so it’s nice to have a quick lunch recipe in your back pocket when you’re up to your elbows in wrapping paper and holiday planning. Let's face it; sometimes it’s difficult to choose between bacon and good health…this healthy version of a not-so-healthy favorite will help make that decision a little easier. Introducing: a plant-based BLT...or more accurately, PLT - Portobello Lettuce and Tomato.
Keep in mind that avocado really completed this plant-based BLT - subbing in as a great replacement for mayo!
Category: Quick Lunch
Suitable for: Plant-Based, Vegan, Vegetarian
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Method: Oven
- 1 Portobello mushroom cap
- 2 TBS of water
- 2 TBS of Tamari
- ½ an avocado
- ½ a lemon
- A few pieces of lettuce
- 2 slices of tomato
- dash of garlic powder
- dash of crushed black pepper
- 2 slices of whole grain (or GF) bread, toasted
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Slice your Portobello mushroom cap into thin slices and arrange on a non-stick baking pan and spritz with a few TBS of water
- Bake for 15 minutes (until juices begin to run)
- Brush with a few TBS of Tamari and bake for an additional 5 minutes
- Spread the avocado onto both slices of toast and add the lettuce and tomato
- Squirt with lemon and sprinkle with black pepper and garlic powder
Finally, add the roasted mushrooms and enjoy!
Want more easy plant-based recipes?
Join our private Facebook group for plant-based beginners to get free recipes, advice, support, and more!
By The MamaSezz Team
← Older Post Newer Post →