Classic Vegan Green Bean Side Dish
What’s more American than a green bean side dish? Enjoy this vegan side next to soups, salads, sandwiches, and more. This dish is crispy, crunchy, refreshing, and filling. Even better, it’s simple and quick to throw together!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings as a side
3 cups of raw green beans (1/2” pieces)
1 lemon wedge
¼ cup of almond slivers
a small pinch of sea salt
¼ tsp of ground black pepper
¼ tsp of garlic powder
1. Toast the almonds on the stovetop (continuously stirring)
2. Once almonds are golden, add beans, lemon wedge (skin and juice), spices
and a few TBS of water
3. Sauté until beans begin to soften (the outsides should shrivel a bit, but the
insides should remain slightly crunchy)
By Caroline DiNicola-Fawley
What you should do now
- We have been where you are and we’ve helped thousands of people (just like you) transition to eating a plant based diet. If you are looking for a guide that can help you with some of the big questions, and dramatically reduce your stress, this FREE Ultimate Little Guide to Plant-Based Eating is a great place to start.
- If you’d like to learn about plant-based living go to our Heartbeet Journal where you can read hundreds of “How To” articles. If you’d like to learn about plant-based cooking go to our Recipes Section for easy step by step favorites.
- If you’d like to work for us—or see why our team members love working for us—then contact us at email@example.com and tell us about yourself.
- If you enjoyed this article, then so will your friends, so why not share it on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Email