There’s nothing better than wrapping yourself up in a cozy blanket, sitting by a crackling fireplace, watching the snow fall outside your window, and sipping on a nice steaming cup of hot cocoa. But if you’re trying to give up refined sugar, you may think your cocoa-sippin’ days are behind you. Luckily, this vegan hot cocoa recipe swoops in to save the day!
This vegan cocoa is so rich, thick and creamy you’ll think you’re drinking melted chocolate. And that’s not even the best part! This hot cocoa has NO refined sugar!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1 large mug
-¼ cup of cashews, soaked and drained
-3 dates, soaked and pitted
-1 cup of plant-based milk (recommended: Westsoy)
-1 ½ TBS of unsweetened cocoa powder
-1/4 tsp of cinnamon
-a tiny pinch of sea salt
- Soak dates and cashews overnight, or soak dates and cashews in hot water until soft (about 15 minutes). Cashews should easily break apart when pinched softly. Drain water and pit dates.
- Blend ingredients in a high speed blender until rich and creamy.
- Heat for about 1 minute in your microwave or stovetop until hot.
- OPTION: Don’t heat, and instead blend with ice for iced cocoa
What our customers are saying
The BEST environmentally friendly home service!!!!!! THE BEST "ship to home" meal service out there! Hands down. The food is delicious - just enough flavoring that you can jazz the meal up with your own spices if you wish. Nothing is bland or overly spicy. BEST OF ALL - they include a shipping label for you to RETURN all the packing materials to them for FREE for reuse until ready for recycling. Environmentally OUTSTANDING!!!! SO easy and enjoyable. And the vegan menu is superb.
- Allison Hall, MamaSezz Customer
MamaSezz is the leading whole food plant-based prepared meal delivery company in the U.S. We make it easier for you to be your healthiest self by delivering hearty, fresh, ready to eat whole food plant-based meals with no B.S. (you know, Bad Stuff) right to your door.
By The MamaSezz Team