Busy? Who isn’t these days. Even if you’re spending more time in the house, that doesn’t mean you have time to spare! Eating a healthy, balanced meal can help to keep you centered, focused and energized. And thanks to MamaSezz ready-made meal starters, you don't have to do everything from scratch. These whole food plant based (WFPB) meals are hearty, nutritious, and simple to throw together, making them the perfect weeknight solution. Just mix and match MamaSezz plant-based meal staples with ingredients you have on hand.
The best part? These simple plant-based recipes are family friendly, and packed with familiar flavors.
5 Simple Plant-Based Recipes in 5 Minutes or Less
1. Plant Based Tuna Casserole
1 ½ cups of MamaSezz Mama’s Mac
½ a cup of MamaSezz Tuna “ish” Salad
½ a cup of peas
2 Tablespoons of non-dairy milk
- Mix ingredients together and heat in the microwave or on the stovetop until warm.
- Optional toppings: nutritional yeast, whole grain bread crumbs, parsley.
2. Dairy-Free Spinach Dip
2 cups of MamaSezz Mama's Mac Sauce
3 handfuls of raw spinach
Mix and heat your Mac Sauce and spinach in the microwave or on the stovetop until spinach wilts.
3. Vegan Reuben
¼ a cup of MamaSezz Awesome Sauce (AKA our oil-free and vegan thousand island dressing!)
2 slices of rye bread
¼- ½ a cup of sauerkraut
- Layer MamaSezz Breakfast Sausages, MamaSezz Awesome Sauce and Sauerkraut onto whole grain rye bread and heat in a nonstick pan or panini press until warm throughout.
- Optional toppings: MamaSezz Mac Sauce or cashew cream
4. Grain-Free Porridge
1 cup of your MamaSezz Gram’s Granola
½ a cup of non-dairy milk
- Crumble your MamaSezz Gram’s Granola into non-dairy milk, and heat for 90 seconds in the microwave or on the stovetop until granola breaks down.
- Optional toppings: Add your favorite fruit
5. Chick’n Fried Rice
1 bag of minute brown rice, leftover rice, or MamaSezz Big Bag of Brown Rice
2 cups of frozen peas, carrots, and corn
1 tablespoon of minced garlic (3 small cloves)
1 teaspoon of dried ginger
2 green onions, chopped
1 Tablespoon of Tamari
- Make minute rice or heat up MamaSezz Big Bag of Brown Rice
- Heat a nonstick skillet on high
- Add all garlic, ginger, green onion, and veggies and cook until garlic is fragrant
- Add rice, Tamari, and your MamaSezz Ginger Garlic Protein Strips
- Stir infrequently, giving the rice a chance to brown
- Remove from heat and enjoy
There you have it! Healthy and simple plant-based recipes ready in 5 minutes or less. Now go enjoy your evening :)
Caroline is a plant-based chef, recipe designer, and whole food plant-based nutrition educator, with a Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate from the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies.