Tamari Mushroom Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe
Lunch for one? Keep it simple sweetie with baked sweet potato...stuffed with delicious veggies! These Tamari Mushroom Stuffed Sweet Potatoes aren’t just quick to whip up, they’re literally packed with fiber, protein, calcium, and vitamins to power you through any mid-day slump. Not to mention this is THE ultimate sweet and savory plant-based lunch.
P.S. Feel like you could eat potatoes every day? I hear you! Mix things up with our favorite vegan baked potato toppings — perfect for Russets and sweet varieties.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
-1 cup of veggie broth
-1 teaspoon tamari
-⅓ teaspoon of garlic powder
-1 Tablespoon of maple syrup/date syrup
-¼ of an onion, diced
-1 large portabella mushroom, sliced
-1 handful of kale
-1 sweet potato
- black pepper
- Microwave 1 sweet potato on the “potato” setting until soft.
- Saute mushrooms and onions in veggie broth, Tamari, garlic powder, maple syrup, and black pepper until liquid evaporates.
- Once the mushrooms and onions are cooked, add the kale and cook until soft.
- Stuff into the cooked sweet potato to the brim and enjoy.
What you should do now
- We have been where you are and we’ve helped thousands of people (just like you) transition to eating a plant based diet. If you are looking for a guide that can help you with some of the big questions, and dramatically reduce your stress, this FREE Ultimate Little Guide to Plant-Based Eating is a great place to start.
- If you're interested in Weight Loss, Download this fantastic FREE guide Ultimate (little) Guide to weight loss
- If you’d like to learn about plant-based living go to our MamaSezz Blog where you can read hundreds of “How To” articles. If you’d like to learn about plant-based cooking go to our Recipes Section for easy step by step favorites.
- If you enjoyed this article, then so will your friends, so why not share it on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Email