Vegan Pumpkin Spice for Everything: 10 Plant-Based Recipes with Fall's Favorite FlavorWritten by MamaSezz Team
Time to pull out your flannels and cozy socks because it’s pumpkin spice season! Sure, it’s easy to make fun of the pumpkin spice craze, but sometimes things are popular for a good reason and we happen to believe this is the case with PS – it's dang delicious! But if you're new to a plant-based eating and worried you'll have to say goodbye to your favorite seasonal flavor in lieu of healthier things, good news: you can have your pumpkin spice latte and drink it, too, thanks to these 10 healthy vegan pumpkin spice recipes!
10 Plant-Based Pumpkin Spice Recipes
1. Pumpkin Spice Latte
Let's start off with a plant-based pumpkin spice latte recipe that is creamier than the real thing! No waiting in line for this one, either. Our healthy vegan version is loaded with protein, fiber, and potassium. Oh, and it’s great for your skin — and even better for your gut health. Too much pumpkin spice never hurt anyone…
2. Pumpkin Spice Shake
Dessert for breakfast? No problem...simply blend up this easy and filling refined sugar–free and vegan pumpkin spice shake and satiate your sweet tooth (without the sugar crash).
3. No-Bake Pumpkin Pie
We love this vegan pumpkin pie recipe because 1) you don't have to bake it and 2) it's so freaking good your friends and family won't believe it's not only vegan but refined sugar-free, too! Add this one to your vegan Thanksgiving menu – trust us!
4. Creamy Pumpkin Spice Mocha
Cozy up for our favorite vegan hot cocoa recipe...zhuzhed up with some pumpkin spice, of course!
¼ cup of cashews, soaked and drained
3 dates, soaked and pitted
1 cup of plant-based milk
1 ½ TBS of unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp of pumpkin spice mix (sugar free)
a tiny pinch of sea salt
1. Soak dates and cashews overnight, or soak dates and cashews in hot water until soft (about 15 minutes). Cashews should easily break apart when pinched softly. Drain water and pit dates.
2. Blend ingredients in a high speed blender until rich and creamy.
3. Heat for about 1 minute in your microwave or stovetop until hot.
OPTIONAL: Don’t heat, and instead blend with ice for iced pumpkin spice cocoa
5. WFPB Pumpkin Spice Caramel Sauce (enjoy with apple slices!)
As you can tell from many of the recipes shared here today, following a whole food plant based diet does NOT mean you have to kick your sweet tooth to the curb! Whip up this whole food plant based caramel sauce in under 5 minutes. It is dairy-free, oil-free, AND refined sugar free. Enjoy it by the spoonful, or drizzle it over your dessert, breakfast, or favorite vegan smoothie.
14 pitted and soaked dates
1/2 cup of non-dairy milk
1 tsp of pumpkin spice (unsweetened)
1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract (natural)
1 tsp of tahini
1/4-1/2 tsp of coarsely ground sea salt
A pinch of ground flaxseed
1. Blend all ingredients except for sea salt until soft.
2. Stir in sea salt.
Vegan pancakes or waffles
Whole-grain peanut butter toast
Vegan pumpkin spice latte
Vegan pumpkin pie
Apple pie or apple crisp
Double chocolate cake
6. Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Vegan Apple Crisp
Does it get more fall than apples and pumpkin? And thanks to this dreamy vegan dessert recipe, you can enjoy the best of the season in one delectable treat.
(Vegan apple crisp base)
5-6 apples, sliced thinly
3/4 cup of water
1 TBS lemon juice
2 tsp of pumpkin spice (unsweetened)
2 TBS of maple or date syrup
a pinch of sea salt
(Vegan apple crisp crumble)
1 and ½ cups of oats (GF)
1 cups of walnuts
1 TBS of pumpkin spice (unsweetened)
4 TBS of maple or date syrup
1 dash of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix apple base ingredients (excluding apples) together, then poor over apples in a microwave safe baking dish.
3. Microwave apple mixture for 5 minutes on high
4. Blend 1 cup of oats in a food processor until it becomes a coarse flour
5. Add the additional ingredients for the crumble, and pulse until the walnuts break up and the ingredients are well mixed
6. Spread the crumble mixture over the microwaved apples, and bake for 35-40 minutes
7. Enjoy hot or cold
NOTE: You can also make this in the crockpot!
Crockpot Instructions for Vegan Apple Crisp
1. Add apples to crockpot and drizzle with apple base ingredients.
2. Cover with the crumble ingredients.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
7. Pumpkin Spice Quinoa Breakfast Pudding
With 14 grams of plant-based protein per serving, this breakfast pudding is the hearty and healthy breakfast you’ve been looking for!
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups of water
½ cup raisins
½ cup cashews (soaked and drained)
6 dates (soaked, pitted and drained)
2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
¼ cup coconut flakes (unsweetened)
1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice mix (unsweetened)
Sea salt to taste
Your choice of fruits, nuts, and seeds as garnish.
1. Cook on the stove top as per instructions on the quinoa bag: quinoa with the water, raisins and sea salt.
2. Blend soaked cashews, dates, a pinch of sea salt (optional), pumpkin spice, enough unsweetened non-dairy milk to cover until creamy.
3. Combine cooked quinoa and cashew date mixture.
4. Fold in coconut flakes.
5. Garnish with your choice of fruit, nuts (try flaxseed, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, pistachios, sliced banana, fresh berries, or dried cranberries).
8. Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats
Image and recipe by Trimazing
Oatmeal is the ultimate breakfast comfort food, especially in the autumn. And pumpkin spice oats? Well, that's taking cozy to another level. In a hurry? Than vegan pumpkin overnight oats to the rescue! Whip up a batch before headed to bed and you've got a delicious, high-fiber, autumnal breakfast waiting for your busy morning.
9. Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Image and recipe by No Sweat Vegan
Another simple make-ahead breakfast that the whole family will enjoy, these vegan pumpkin muffins are oil-free, refined sugar-free, and absolutely filled to the brim with your favorite fall flavors.
10. Pumpkin Bread
Image and recipe by Well Plated
Adding oil is totally unnecessary thanks to the whole can of pumpkin used to make this delicious vegan pumpkin bread. Moist, soft, and tender – and no refined sugar to weigh you down, either!
Want more vegan fall recipes?
We've got you covered!
10 vegan apple recipes (to use up all those apples you picked!)
10 healthy vegan crockpot meals to cozy up with this fall
10 vegan recipes for the fall harvest
Your 7-day immunity-boosting vegan meal plan for fall
← Older Post Newer Post →