If you celebrate Easter, chances are there's a sit-down meal involved . And if you're new to a whole food plant-based diet, you may be wondering what that meal may look like now that traditional Easter ham is off the menu. Good news: you can still celebrate with family over the dinner table with this super easy and delicious vegan Easter menu! From plant-based breakfast to vegan Easter dinner, we've got your Sunday covered.
Don't celebrate Easter? You certainly don't need a holiday to whip up these family-friendly plant-based dishes! Serve these up next time you're in the mood for a festive plant-based breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Super Easy Vegan Easter Menu
Plant-Based Breakfast for Easter: Blueberry Lemon French Toast
6-8 slices of whole grain bread
2 TBS of ground flaxseed
1 1/4 cup of warm non-dairy milk
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of nutmeg
1 tsp of vanilla extract
a pinch of sea salt
1/2 of a lemon (juice and rind)
1 cup of frozen blueberries
1-2 TBS of maple or date syrup
1. Whisk together flaxseed, spices, salt, vanilla extract and nondairy milk.
2. Soak whole grain bread in the batter, and pan fry in a NONSTICK pan on low heat. Cooking without oil takes a little more energy, so make sure to shift the toast around in the pan every few minutes using a spatula.
3. Once crispy, flip the toast, and brown the other side.
4. While the toast is cooking, mix the lemon, blueberries, and maple syrup together and microwave, or heat on the stovetop for a few minutes until soft.
4. Once toast is crispy on both sides, drizzle with blueberry syrup, and (use a zester or fine grater) sprinkle the toast with lemon zest from the rind of the lemon.
Plant-Based Easter Snack: Carrot Cake Energy Balls
1/2 cup of cashew butter
1/2 a cup of finely shredded carrots
1 cup of rolled oats
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon
A dash of sea salt
2 tablespoons of date sugar (dehydrated dates)
1. Mix ingredients together in a bowl of food processor until smooth.
2. Roll into 1" sized balls
3. Optional: Dip in Vanilla Dessert Sauce
Plant-Based Easter Lunch: Walnut Pesto Panini
4 slices of whole grain bread
1 beefsteak tomato
1 cup of arugula
1 cup of fresh basil
1 cup of walnuts
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 TBS of nutritional yeast
A few TBS of lemon juice
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Pulse pesto ingredients in a food processor until you reach a pesto consistency. Add lemon juice or water as needed.
2. Spread pesto onto whole grain bread. Add 2 slices of beefsteak tomato and 1/2 a sliced avocado to each sandwich.
3. Grill, bake or press in a panini press until bread is crispy.
Dinner: Mushroom Tetrazzini
1 bag of MamaSezz Hungarian Mushroom Soup
1 bag of our best-selling Mama's Mac Sauce
Brown rice lasagna noodles or no-cook gluten-free noodles
8oz of mushrooms
1 Tablespoon of dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
Crushed black pepper
4 cups of chopped spinach
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Layer 1: 1/2 a cup of MamaSezz Hungarian Mushroom Soup
Layer 2: Noodles
Layer 3: 1/2 of your Mama's Mac Sauce, garlic powder and spinach
Layer 4: Noodles
Layer 5: Mushrooms and the rest of your MamaSezz Hungarian Mushroom Soup, and parsley
Layer 6: Noodles
Layer 7: The rest of your Mama's Mac Sauce
If you used no-cook noodles, add 1/2 cup of water
Bake covered for 40 minutes, and then uncovered for 20 minutes.
Dessert: Lemon Cheesecake
2 cups of cashews (soak overnight)
20 Medjool dates (soak 10 overnight)
1 cup almond meal
½ cup pecans
1 ½ lemons, plus zest
1 Tablespoon flaxseed
2 Tablespoons ground chia seed
1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
¼ teaspoon of turmeric
Sea salt to taste
1. Pulse 10 dates (not soaked), almond meal, pecans and a dash of sea salt in the food processor until broken up.
2. Press nut and date mixture into the bottom of a pie pan until if forms a firm crust.
3. Blend the rest of the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
4. Use a spatula to spread it into the top of the pie pan.
5. Chill overnight and enjoy.
BONUS: top with more lemon zest and/or frozen blueberries heated with real maple syrup for extra flavor to make it look and taste extra fancy!